Friday, December 22, 2006

Merry Christmas

Jingle Bells...Jingle Bells...Jingle all the way...christmas is approaching and orchard road is filled with Singaporeans, foreign talents and tourists absorbing the christmas spirit, despite an erratic weather.

In the midst of shopping and hanging out with frens, a question pops into my mind: "What's the meaning of christmas? Is it all about buying gifts and exchanging it with their frens, carolling in a group, asking for donations, acting as santa and rubbing his belly and take photos with the children, or going to the church to celebrate the birth of christ?"

The reason behind asking this question was not because I do not like christmas (I love it, truly) but it is just that I was wondering do all of us really know the meaning of this festival. This is a question I hope I've an answer to.

No comments: